Running Wild, the first book by the editors of Like the Wind magazine, presents 16 of the finest trail-running locations around the world, with trails for both novice and experienced runners. From the heights of the Alps to the snowy expanses of the Arctic, to the jungles of Latin America and the outback Down Under, each journey is brought to life by a different trail runner, showcasing through words and stunning photography what makes each destination so spectacular, as well as providing practical information to keep you moving on the ground.
With this book, we wanted to demonstrate, in the traditional Like the Wind storytelling ethos of ‘Why we Run’, that the opportunities for adventure are endless. We have picked a wide variety of routes that stretch over mountains, forests and deserts, in hot climates and frigid ones, through some of the most untamed and beautiful places on Earth. You’ll discover those places through the lens of our 16 local guides, who each run you through their favourite routes.
“Whether you’ve run great distances on a trail, modest distances, or are just starting out, Running Wild is sure to captivate your spirit the way it did mine. Enjoy this magnificent work of artistry; let it awaken your emotions. Then, please, find a trail and get lost …” – Dean Karnazes
As a token of appreciation, each book comes with a free set of 6 postcard.
258 pages, over 200 photographs.
- George Bauer: Inverie & The Knoydart Peninsula – Scotland
- Stefanie Bishop: The White Mountains – USA
- Jenna Crawford: Patagonia – Chile
- Julie Freeman: Jura – Switzerland
- Simon Freeman: The Chamonix Valley – France
- Anna Gatta: The Kungsleden – Sweden
- David Grazielli: The Dolomites – Italy
- Lizzy Hawker: Great Himalaya Trail – Nepal
- Linda Helland: The Loften Islands – Norway
- Rob Krar: Sedona & Flagstaff – USA
- Emma Latham Phillips: Sierra Norte de Oaxaca – Mexico
- Tom Le Lievre: The West MacDonnell Ranges – Northern Territory
- Ricky Lightfoot: The Lake District – England
- Hilary Matheson: British Columbia – Canada
- Tobias Mews: The Pyrenees – France/Spain
- Guillaume Peretti: Corsica – France
- Alexis Berg
- Andrés Figueroa
- Daniel Amazán Klinckwort
- Ana Laframboise
- James Q. Martin
- Brian Nevins
- Chris Ord
- Melissa & Guy Overney Burnier
- Damien Rosso
- Chris Shane
- Reuben Tabner
- Alex Treadway
Edited by Julie & Simon Freeman, Foreword by Dean Karnazes.
Italian edition out on 13 March 2022. Orders fulfilled by Amazon.