Entries for RUN//CLICK 2022 have now closed.
Thank you to everyone who entered RUN//CLICK this year. The competition is now closed for new entries and the judges are picking the winners. Check back soon to find out who won.
If you are in London or will be between 28/9 and 1/10 come and see us at the RUN//CLICK pop-up gallery. Details here.
WELCOME TO RUN//CLICK
Photography has been an integral part of Like the Wind since the first edition. And as with everything we do at LtW, we have always published photographs in the magazine that capture the culture and spirit of running.
RUN//CLICK is the natural extension of our love of photography. It is a competition that will allow photographers to exhibit – and be acknowledged for – the visual storytelling work of which they are most proud.
We are really grateful that Stance has agreed to support the first year of the competition.
WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?
The media landscape has changed dramatically in recent years. Whilst the death of print media has been somewhat exaggerated, the traditional publishing model is certainly under pressure. And that has resulted in fewer opportunities for photographers’ work to be published on paper. At the same time, social media outlets have proliferated but they too seem to be less and less interested in showcasing artists’ work.
For the past eight years, Like the Wind has benefitted from being able to publish photography that has made the magazine what it is today: a celebration of running and a vehicle for exploring social issues through the lens of running.
Now we are bringing a long-held dream to life – a prize to recognise and reward some of the best photography in running. Our hope is that this prize will play a small part in encouraging photographers – new and experienced – to keep doing what they do.
HOW THE COMPETITION WORKS
RUN//CLICK is a simple idea. Photographers can enter images in one of three categories:
– Trail category
– Junior category for under-30 year olds
– Road&Trail category
To enter the competition, simply click on the link below to upload your images and tell us about them (each photographer can upload a maximum of five photographs – any more than that and we will take the first five uploaded).
Please note the requirements for images to qualify:
- Each photo is required to depict the sport of running (for example, landscape photos taken while on a run do not qualify)
- Each photo needs to be a min. of 1MB/300dpi, max 15MB. Photos below this quality threshold do not qualify.
ENTER YOUR PHOTO
All entries must be made by 19 September 2022. After that no more entries will be considered.
The competition judges will review all entries and select one overall winner, one second place winner and one third place winner for each category to receive prizes as outlined below.
The winning images will be published in Like the Wind #34 (out 1 December) and displayed at two pop-up events: one in London on 29 and 30 September 2022 and one in New York on 3 and 4 November 2022 (details of those events will be announced in due course).
The winning images will also be published in a free mini-magazine that anyone attending the pop-ups in London and New York can take away with them as well as on a section of the Like the Wind website and on our social channels (@likethewindmag on Instagram and Twitter). Stance will also post the images on their social channels.
- First Prize winner in each of the three categories: £2,000 cash prize* + up to £300 travel expenses*
- Second Prize winner in each of the three categories: £1,000 cash prize* + up to £200 travel expenses*
- Third Prize winner in each of the three categories: £500 cash prize* + up to £100 travel expenses*
*1 Cash prize: will be paid by bank transfer by 15th October 2022
*2 Travel expenses: travel expenses will be refunded upon submission of receipts (train, plane, mileage, accommodation, food)
PRIZES FOR 1ST, 2ND, AND 3RD PLACE WINNERS IN ALL CATEGORIES INCLUDE:
- Printable Winner Certificate
- Your image printed in LtW#34 out 1 December 2022
- Your image exhibited at the London and New York 2022 pop-up exhibitions and in the mini-magazines available at the pop-up exhibitions
- Receive significant international publicity and extensive media exposure through our online promotional campaign, and magazine and newspaper partners distributing and promoting winners’ works.
- 2 tickets to attend the London and New York 2022 pop-up exhibition
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
You agree that if you are a winner you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Like the Wind magazine.
By entering the competition, you agree to the provisions of these terms and conditions and to comply fully with them.
The competition is open to anyone except those directly involved with the competition and judging (including their families and relatives).
If you are under the age of 18 you must have permission to enter from your parent or guardian. By submitting an entry for the competition, your parent/carer/guardian is deemed to have given such consent and to agree to the use of the entry as described in these terms and conditions.
The closing date for submissions is 19 September 2022. All submissions received after this time will not be eligible.
Your entry must be submitted digitally via the process outlined above. No other forms of entry will be accepted.
By submitting images to RUN//CLICK, each entrant confirms and warrants that:
- they are the sole author of each entry and it is their original work;
- the image has not been previously awarded a prize or published anywhere, online or on paper (other than on photographer’s own social media channels)
- they own the copyright and any other intellectual property rights of each image;
- they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights required by Like the Wind magazine and will indemnify Like the Wind magazine against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- they have not licensed or disposed of any rights in the image that would conflict with uses to be made by Like the Wind magazine;
- they have received any necessary permissions from the owner(s) of objects including buildings included in submitted images for the usage rights required by Like the Wind magazine and will indemnify Like the Wind magazine against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement.
- Like the Wind magazine and sponsors of RUN//CLICK have permission to use the imagery provided across their marketing channels as long as full credit is given to the image owner.
- If you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Like the Wind magazine.
What to enter
- Photographs must be a minimum 1MB – maximum 15MB file, 300dpi. Entries must not have been a ‘winner’ in any other photographic competition.
- A maximum of five entries may be entered per applicant and you may distribute these amongst the categories however you wish. No single image may be entered into more than one of the categories.
- An image will be rejected if it appears to have been taken in such a way that is illegal or appears to show animal welfare infringement or has been otherwise taken in an irresponsible way.
- Images shot specifically for the purposes of advertising by a brand or other entity will not be considered.
- Like the Wind magazine reserves the right to remove or refuse any entries from the competition for any reason.
A panel of Judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition. Judging will be made up of selected Like the Wind and Stance (and potentially other sponsors’) staff and others associated with Like the Wind or Stance (and potentially other sponsors). Judges will assess entries to establish category winners and collectively agree on the competition winners.
Digital adjustments are acceptable; however, the way in which any digital enhancement or editing has been used will be taken into account when judging the entry. Cropping is allowed.
The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation. The organisers may also share short-listed photographs across their social media channels and ask followers to vote on their favourite to help aid the judge’s decisions.
Announcement of winners
Judges will choose the winners from each category. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery.
The winners will be announced in early October.
By entering the competition, you grant Like the Wind magazine a non-exclusive licence to reproduce, enlarge, publish or exhibit, on any media, the images for any purpose including (but not limited to):
- On the Like the Wind website, social media channels and email communications.
- In Like the Wind paper magazine, and in associated Like the Wind printed and digital products (free or paid).
- In the press for the purposes of publicising this photography competition and the promotion of Like the Wind.
- In conjunction with the main sponsor(s) to further promote this photography competition.
- As part of digital advertising when promoting Like the Wind.
- The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
Indemnity and Limitation of Liability
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Like the Wind excludes its liability for any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by you, whether directly or indirectly and howsoever caused, in connection with the competition and use of any prize.
You agree to indemnify Like the Wind magazine and keep Like the Wind magazine indemnified against any loss, damage, injury, cost or expense suffered by Like the Wind magazine as a result of your entry in the competition, including (but not limited to) any claim of infringement of intellectual property rights made by any third party.
The information given in these Terms & Conditions is correct, but Like the Wind magazine reserves the right to change any of it without prior notice. By entering the competition, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these Terms & Conditions. Any breach of these Terms by an entrant will void their entry. If a breach has occurred but is discovered after the award of a prize, then the organisers may require the return of that prize.
You agree that if you are a winner or commended photographer you will take part in and cooperate fully with reasonable publicity and to the use of your name and photograph in such publicity, for example, the publication of photograph(s) with your name in Like the Wind magazine.
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with English Law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.